Re: Fedora 34 Change: GitRepos-master-to-main (Self-Contained Change)

On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 10:23:08PM +0100, Petr Šabata wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 8:48 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 11:26:18PM +0100, Petr Šabata wrote:
> > > Also a couple of notes on modularity here:
> > >
> > > # By default, module stream name is derived from the branch name
> > > If we have any "master" modules, those will get unexpectedly renamed
> > > as soon as they get rebuilt. This might impact tagging or updates and
> > > cause confusion in general. We should check if there are any like that
> > > and decide on further steps.
> >
> > Good thing to check yes. I can try and do so.
>
> Thanks.

hum, but I am not 100% sure what I am looking for.
modules with a master branch and no name defined?
What does the name being defined look like in the yaml file?

> > > # Modules might be pulling components from their master branches to
> > > build Rawhide artifacts
> > > There are various use cases for this, too long to list. If the master
> > > ref is no longer available, these will not build. Modulemd files that
> > > pull components from master need to be updated after Phase 2.
> >
> > Yep. +1
>
> Great, will you do that, too?

There seems to be a bunch of them. ;(

atomic/atomic.yaml:            bootstrap: master
atomic/atomic.yaml:                ref: master
atomic/atomic.yaml:                ref: master
eclipse/eclipse.yaml:                ref: master
[...]
fonts/fonts.yaml:            bootstrap: master
fonts/fonts.yaml:            platform: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            bootstrap: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            389-ds: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            bind: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            sssd: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            python2: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            # python2-ecosystem: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            python3: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            python3-ecosystem: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            platform: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            java: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            perl: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            389-ds: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            bind: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            sssd: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            samba: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            pki: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            tomcat: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            resteasy: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            httpd: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            python2: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            python2-ecosystem: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            python3: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            python3-ecosystem: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            libtom: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:            fonts: master
freeipa/freeipa.yaml:                ref: master
[...]
hardware-support/hardware-support.yaml:            bootstrap: master
hardware-support/hardware-support.yaml:            platform: master
hardware-support/hardware-support.yaml:            host: master
hardware-support/hardware-support.yaml:            perl: master
help2man/help2man.yaml:            perl: master
help2man/help2man.yaml:            platform: master
help2man/help2man.yaml:            perl: master
help2man/help2man.yaml:            platform: master
help2man/help2man.yaml:                ref: master
host/host.yaml:            bootstrap: master
host/host.yaml:            platform: master
installer-bootstrap/installer-bootstrap.yaml:      bootstrap: master
installer-bootstrap/installer-bootstrap.yaml:      base-runtime: master
installer-bootstrap/installer-bootstrap.yaml:      bootstrap: master
installer/installer.yaml:            python3: master
installer/installer.yaml:            python3-ecosystem: master
installer/installer.yaml:            perl: master
installer/installer.yaml:                ref: master
java/java.yaml:            bootstrap: master
java/java.yaml:            platform: master
java/java.yaml:            fonts: master
java/java.yaml:            X11-base: master
javapackages-tools/javapackages-tools.yaml:            glassfish-master-pom:
javapackages-tools/javapackages-tools.yaml:                         glassfish-master-pom, glassfish-servlet-api,
javapackages-tools/javapackages-tools.yaml:                         glassfish-master-pom, glassfish-servlet-api,
javapackages-tools/javapackages-tools.yaml:                         geronimo-parent-poms, glassfish-master-pom,
jdk-11/jdk-11.yaml:            jdk-10: [master]
krb5/krb5.yaml:            bootstrap: master
krb5/krb5.yaml:            platform: master
libtom/libtom.yaml:      bootstrap: master
libtom/libtom.yaml:      #platform: master
libtom/libtom.yaml:      #autotools: master
libtom/libtom.yaml:      #texlive: master
libtom/libtom.yaml:      platform: master
mariadb/mariadb.yaml:            bootstrap: master
mariadb/mariadb.yaml:            platform: master
mariadb/mariadb.yaml:            host: master
mariadb/mariadb.yaml:            networking-base: master
memcached/memcached.yaml:                ref: master
mongodb/mongodb.yaml:            bootstrap: master
mongodb/mongodb.yaml:            boost: master
mongodb/mongodb.yaml:            platform: master
mongodb/mongodb.yaml:            perl: master
mongodb/mongodb.yaml:            boost: master
mysql/mysql.yaml:            bootstrap: master
mysql/mysql.yaml:            platform: master
mysql/mysql.yaml:            host: master
mysql/mysql.yaml:            hardware-support: master
networking-base/networking-base.yaml:            bootstrap: master
networking-base/networking-base.yaml:            platform: master
networking-base/networking-base.yaml:            perl: master
networking-base/networking-base.yaml:            python3: master
networking-base/networking-base.yaml:            python3-ecosystem: master
nginx/nginx.yaml:            base-runtime: master
nginx/nginx.yaml:            base-runtime: master
ntp/ntp.yaml:            base-runtime: master
ntp/ntp.yaml:            base-runtime: master
perl-libintl-perl/perl-libintl-perl.yaml:            perl: master
perl-libintl-perl/perl-libintl-perl.yaml:            platform: master
perl-libintl-perl/perl-libintl-perl.yaml:            host: master
perl-libintl-perl/perl-libintl-perl.yaml:            perl: master
perl-libintl-perl/perl-libintl-perl.yaml:                ref: master
perl-libintl-perl/perl-libintl-perl.yaml:                ref: master
perl-libintl-perl/perl-libintl-perl.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Module-Install-bootstrap/perl-Module-Install-bootstrap.yaml:            platform: master
perl-Module-Install-bootstrap/perl-Module-Install-bootstrap.yaml:            perl: master
perl-Module-Install-bootstrap/perl-Module-Install-bootstrap.yaml:            host: master
perl-Module-Install-bootstrap/perl-Module-Install-bootstrap.yaml:            perl: master
perl-Module-Install-bootstrap/perl-Module-Install-bootstrap.yaml:                ref: master
[...]
perl-Module-Install/perl-Module-Install.yaml:            platform: master
perl-Module-Install/perl-Module-Install.yaml:            perl: master
perl-Module-Install/perl-Module-Install.yaml:            perl-Module-Install-bootstrap: master
perl-Module-Install/perl-Module-Install.yaml:            host: master
perl-Module-Install/perl-Module-Install.yaml:            perl: master
perl-Module-Install/perl-Module-Install.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Module-Install/perl-Module-Install.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Module-Install/perl-Module-Install.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Module-Install/perl-Module-Install.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Module-Install/perl-Module-Install.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Module-Install/perl-Module-Install.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Module-Package/perl-Module-Package.yaml:            perl: master
perl-Module-Package/perl-Module-Package.yaml:            perl-Module-Install: master
perl-Module-Package/perl-Module-Package.yaml:            perl-Moo: master
perl-Module-Package/perl-Module-Package.yaml:            platform: master
perl-Module-Package/perl-Module-Package.yaml:            host: master
perl-Module-Package/perl-Module-Package.yaml:            perl: master
perl-Module-Package/perl-Module-Package.yaml:            perl-Module-Install: master
perl-Module-Package/perl-Module-Package.yaml:            perl-Moo: master
perl-Module-Package/perl-Module-Package.yaml:                ref: master
[...]
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:            platform: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:            perl: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:            host: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:            perl: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Moo/perl-Moo.yaml:                ref: master
perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth/perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth.yaml:            perl: master
perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth/perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth.yaml:            perl-Module-Install: master
perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth/perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth.yaml:            perl-Module-Package: master
perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth/perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth.yaml:            platform: master
perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth/perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth.yaml:            host: master
perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth/perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth.yaml:            perl-Moo: master
perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth/perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth.yaml:            perl: master
perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth/perl-Unicode-EastAsianWidth.yaml:                ref: master
[...]
postgresql/postgresql.yaml:      bootstrap: master
postgresql/postgresql.yaml:      platform: master
proftpd/proftpd.yaml:            base-runtime: master
proftpd/proftpd.yaml:            base-runtime: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:            bootstrap: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:            platform: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:            java: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:            apache-commons: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:            maven: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
resteasy/resteasy.yaml:                ref: master
rsyslog/rsyslog.yaml:            #perl: master
rsyslog/rsyslog.yaml:            #python2: master
rsyslog/rsyslog.yaml:            #python3: master
rsyslog/rsyslog.yaml:            #!!TEMPORARY!! - switch to master/upstream/etc. branch once varnish module gets updated !!
rsyslog/rsyslog.yaml:        documentation: http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/master/index.html
ruby/ruby.yaml:                ref: master
ruby/ruby.yaml:                ref: master
ruby/ruby.yaml:                ref: master
ruby/ruby.yaml:                ref: master
ruby/ruby.yaml:                ref: master
ruby/ruby.yaml:                ref: master
samba/samba.yaml:            bootstrap: master
samba/samba.yaml:            platform: master
samba/samba.yaml:            python2: master
samba/samba.yaml:            python2-ecosystem: master
samba/samba.yaml:            libtom: master
shim/shim.yaml:            bootstrap: master
sssd/sssd.yaml:            bootstrap: master
sssd/sssd.yaml:            platform: master
sssd/sssd.yaml:            samba: master
sssd/sssd.yaml:            python3: master
sssd/sssd.yaml:            python3-ecosystem: master
swig/swig.yaml:            platform: master
swig/swig.yaml:            autotools: master
swig/swig.yaml:            boost: master
swig/swig.yaml:            help2man: master
swig/swig.yaml:            perl: master
swig/swig.yaml:            python2: master
swig/swig.yaml:            python3: master
swig/swig.yaml:            platform: master
swig/swig.yaml:            perl: master
swig/swig.yaml:                ref: master
swig/swig.yaml:                ref: master
swig/swig.yaml:                ref: master
system-tools/system-tools.yaml:      bootstrap: master
system-tools/system-tools.yaml:      platform: master
system-tools/system-tools.yaml:        ref: master
system-tools/system-tools.yaml:        ref: master
system-tools/system-tools.yaml:        ref: master
system-tools/system-tools.yaml:        ref: master
system-tools/system-tools.yaml:        ref: master
testmodule2/testmodule2.yaml:              testmodule: [master, 2.0]
testmodule2/testmodule2.yaml:              testmodule: [master, 2.0]
testmodule2/testmodule2.yaml:                ref: master
testmodule/testmodule.yaml:                ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:            bootstrap: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:            platform: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:            perl: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:            X11-base: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:            fonts: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:                ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:            #    ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:            #    ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:                ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:                ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:                ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:                ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:                ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:                ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:                ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:                ref: master
texlive/texlive.yaml:                ref: master
tomcat/tomcat.yaml:                ref: master
tomcat/tomcat.yaml:                ref: master
udisks2/udisks2.yaml:            bootstrap: master
udisks2/udisks2.yaml:            platform: master
udisks2/udisks2.yaml:            python3: master
varnish/varnish.yaml:            bootstrap: master
varnish/varnish.yaml:            base-runtime: master
X11-base/X11-base.yaml:            bootstrap: master
X11-base/X11-base.yaml:            platform: master
X11-base/X11-base.yaml:            fonts: master
X11-base/X11-base.yaml:            autotools: master

> > > # The modulemd component ref is optional and defaults to master
> > > Unless this got changed later, if the ref field is omitted, the value
> > > defaults to "master". This is part of the specification and is handled
> > > by libmodulemd. Not sure how to proceed here.
> >
> > Can we change the default?
>
> According to Vít that's already happened (for completely unrelated
> reasons), so we're good here.

ok.

> > > And besides modularity:
> > >
> > > There are people and teams who use bots to autobuild their upstream
> > > projects in Rawhide. If they have a bot account (and I hope they do),
> > > they should be notified to update their tooling.
> >
> > We don't have much tracking on bot accounts. People make them and sign
> > up for fas for them, etc.
> >
> > We can try and find things that are obvious, but we are likely to miss
> > some. We can definitely help people who notice breakage tho.
>
> Ah, I kinda expected these accounts to be clearly marked as being
> non-human. Oh well.
>
> Anyway, besides the magical module stream renames, all of this should
> continue to work fine if we get the symbolic refs, I think?

Well, I am ok with a symbolic ref from main to/from rawhide, but I don't
like the idea of a master symbolic ref. It kind of defeats the purpose
of the entire thing. ;(

kevin