Re: Fedora 34 Change: Route all Audio to PipeWire (System-Wide Change)

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 05:27:31PM -0500, Solomon Peachy wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 01:33:57PM -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > So, IMHO, relax, wait for change owners to make things testable, then
> > test and file bugs and we can see where we are. There's too many
> > unknowns right at this minute.
>
> So...you're saying that we should evaluate proposed changes, not as they
> are currently written, but as they might be written at some unspcecified
> later date.

no.

I am saying you should not look at a change and evaluate it like it's
landing in stable as soon as it's approved. There will be testing. There
will be bugs. If those bugs are serious enough there will be reverting
and trying again later.

It's a 'Hey folks, we are going to try and do this, what do you think
about the approach' ? It sounds to me like everyone is fine with the
general idea, they just want lots of testing. Thats great. I would
definitely hope the change owners would also want that. I am pretty sure
however they thought things could be stablized by f34 or they wouldn't
have submitted it for f34.

Anyhow, lets wait for the change owners to chime in and adjust their
change from the feedback so far.

kevin