Re: Fedora 34 Change: Route all Audio to PipeWire (System-Wide Change)

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 3:30 PM Tom Seewald <tseewald@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > "Premature" is a weird term to use here, considering the whole point
> > of these things is to be able to do integration work in the first
> > place. And it's not like we can't revert the change before release if
> > it turns out to be problematic.
>
> Yes, premature as in proposing a huge change to the next version of Fedora before ensuring current users can even test/evaluate said change. The fact that there are packaging conflicts when installing pipewire-pulseaudio strongly suggests that few people have actually been able to install and test the package.

Currently the PipeWire developers have been doing it by hand while
they are developing the software. I have been going through and fixing
things so that regular folks can do it semi-automatically.

The packaging for PipeWire has been changing rapidly as the API shims
for PulseAudio changed from libraries to a replacement daemon, that's
why this is broken again.