SRPM's with OS dependent source files

I'm staring at the chromium SRPM, and seeing a problem that I've seen
before with tools like SuSE's kernels. The .spec file only includes
specific source files if the SRPM is built on specific operating
systems, such as various .ttf files only bein in the RPM for:

%if 0%{?rhel} == 7

And others only being available if the SRPM is built on Fedora.

This means the SRPM's cannot simply be brought over to CentOS or RHEL
7 and compiled there because it doesn't have the .ttf files in the
SRPM. And "spectool -g chromium.spec" doesn't work, because the git
repos cited for the original .ttf files no longer have them. It
effectively turns an SRPM with 99% of the source, including tarballs,
into a "nosrc" SRPM.

Is there a guideline that forbids this behavior? Picking and choosing
what source files is a pernicious problem and breaks "mock" based or
normal rpmbuild based recompilation, even for testing. I used to see
this a lot with various SuSE kernel .spec files, and I do believe they
stopped doing it.

Nico Kadel-Garcia