Re: Unable to disable SysRq

On 11/16/20 4:25 PM, Robert Marcano via devel wrote:
My Fedora 33 kernel.sysrq value is 80, the default at /usr/lib/sysctl.d/50-default.conf say that it should be 16.

Created /etc/sysctl.d/99-local.conf with kernel.sysrq=0, but after boot the value is 64, only after a single user mode boot the value stays at 0.

Some other thing is enabling the 64 bit, Asked on IRC and another user has 80 on Fedora Workstation and 16 on Server.

How can I log what process is changing values on the sysctl variables? or anyone has aon idea of what is happening here?

This is a very curious issue. I checked on various computers I have around. All the F32 systems have 16. My one laptop that was installed with the Gnome desktop, but not directly Workstation and has now been upgraded to F33 is still 16. However, two other computers that were installed with F32 Workstation switched to 80 when upgraded to F33. I have not been able to figure out what is causing that, but it does seem to be related to the Workstation config somehow.