Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2020-11-11)

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 06:51:17AM -0700, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> I'm not sure anyone's pretending.
>
> In my experience distros that spilt up into many repos add complexity (and
> mistakes) on the releng side and a poor UX for the users.
>
> If we had labels in Pagure for the packages that you consider to be
> troublesome, would that help?

Yeah, I think this might also be a good approach, and as you say, possibly
easier than creating a setup where packages can migrate easily between two
repos.

The one thing I would like is for us to be honest with ourselves and our
users, and I'd like that to be transparent, not just something you need to
check in pagure to find out -- there should be a dnf command to run to show
this status for packages on your current system.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>