Re: Proposed updates to the FESCo updates policy document

Il 12/11/20 09:54, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek ha scritto:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 06:36:54PM +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
>> Il 11/11/20 16:56, Kevin Fenzi ha scritto:
>>> Greetings.
>>>
>>> FESCo is looking to update the updates policy document that is here:
>>>
>>> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fesco/Updates_Policy/
>>>
>>> For the most part the updates are not changing any policy, but simply
>>> removing old/no longer accurate information (taskotron no longer exists,
>>> bodhi is always enabled, etc) and trying to clarify things.
>>>
>>> The one actual proposed change is to allow releng to untag builds that
>>> have already gone out in rawhide composes. This was forbidden by the
>>> existing policy.
>>>
>>> You can see the PR with the changes:
>>>
>>> https://pagure.io/fesco/fesco-docs/pull-request/40
>>>
>>> and if you want to view the changed document:
>>>
>>> https://pagure.io/fork/kevin/fesco/fesco-docs/raw/updates-update/f/fesco/modules/ROOT/pages/Updates_Policy.adoc
>>> (you may want to install a adoc viewing extension in your browser to
>>> view it)
>>>
>>> Feedback welcome here or in the PR.
>>>
>>> FESCo is likely to look at this next week for approval.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> kevin
>> Hi kevin,
>>
>> I've tried to summarize some of the aspects of the (updated) policy in
>> an image [1], is that right? I don't fully understand the difference
>> between the Beta during final freeze and Pre release...
> I think you are splitting one "phase" into two: "beta" and "pre-release".
> That should be just one phase called "pre-release". The "final freeze"
> block is part of that one phase, similarly to how "beta freeze" block
> is part of "pre-beta".
>
> I read the PR again, and it seems to me that the text matches my
> description above, i.e.  it only has one phase.

Maybe it's because my limited English comprehension, but that doesn't
seem much clear to me.

In the PR I read:
"

Beta to Pre Release
This is the time between the Beta release and the Final freeze.

[...]

Pre release
This is the time after the Final freeze.

"

I have uploaded the .svg to
https://mattia.fedorapeople.org/updates_policy.svg feel free to correct it!

Mattia