Re: patch applied without package maintainers' approve

Dne 09. 11. 20 v 15:50 Honggang LI napsal(a):
On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 02:39:22PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
On Monday, 09 November 2020 at 14:23, Honggang LI wrote:
On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 08:03:59AM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 8:03 AM Honggang LI <honli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi

I'm one of package maintainers of rdma-core. There is a patch
applied without any maintainers' review/approve. I had sent two emails
to patch committer to ask him/her to push the change to upstream.
But never get response.

The patch maybe useful or fix something. But the divergence between
upstream and Fedora rawhide is what I don't want to see, because
such divergence is source of regression issues.

What I should to do with that commit? Just blindly revert it?
Send it upstream yourself. If you don't like the divergence, help fix
it by sending the patch upstream and working with them.
To be honest, the patch was applied without any PR or bugzilla opened,
just very simple inline comment, I don't really understand the patch.

That is why I did not submit it to upstream.
Can you be more specific? Which patch are you talking about?
I can see only one patch in the package and it was committed by you:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rdma-core/c/55352ca3c535f31dfce9ab7779ee4d26980604be
commit 59a8e2e0d0ddba785fc79c4731e0b8685893458b
Author: Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Tue Sep 15 00:26:18 2020 +0100

     Split out libibverbs to a core sub package for libpcap IB support to minimise deps for users that don't require IB support

While unfortunate this happened without communication, there is this guideline:

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_spec_maintenance_and_canonicity

Also minimizing package dependency chains possibly by splitting less common functionality into subpackage welcomed change.

Vít