Re: Fedora 34 Change proposal: Remove and deprecate nscd in favour of sssd and systemd-resolved (Self-Contained Change)

Am 05.11.20 um 12:39 schrieb Petr Menšík:
There is no controversy with nscd, it just caches names and nothing
more. I think this is its advantage. Unless there is any stronger
reason, I am against this change in advance.

It not only caches names, it also RANDOMIZES the requests to the dns servers configured, increasing the privacy of ones internet journey.

AFAIK, it's the only dnscomponent available with fedora to do so. Deprecating a unique component with no major bugs or flaws seems to be illogical.

best regards,
Marius