Re: Repository metadata signing?

On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 03:28:02PM +0100, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 12:24:45AM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 12:16 AM Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
> > <marmarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Is it possible to enable the first one, but leave the second to the
> > > user, until DNF is adjusted for better UX around the keys? That would
> > > allow power users to enable metadata verification manually (and accept
> > > that key import prompt).
> > >

> > Yes, this should be possible. File a ticket here:
> > https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure
>
> Opened here: https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/9436

And closed WONTFIX. :(

Yes, it's possible... but it needs work in both pungi and robosignatory.
I don't want to speak for others, but I think the people who work on
those normally have a number of higher priority items they are currently
working on.

If you're interested in moving it forward, please work with the
robosignatory and pungi developers (links to the issues on those in the
infra ticket).

If it gets implmented so we can just turn it on, then I'm happy to look
at doing so. (Although I wouldn't make checking it default until the dnf
issues were ironed out).

kevin