Re: Self Introduction: Davide Cavalca

Hi Davide!

Welcome on board the packagers group!

On Wed, 2020-10-28 at 17:07 -0700, Davide Cavalca via devel wrote:

[snip]
> Myself, Filipe and Michel are kicking off an effort within Facebook
> try and get more of our OSS software packaged in Fedora. There's a
> lot
> of software on github.com/{facebook,facebookincubator} that's likely
> of
> general interest, but it can be difficult to use due to the web of
> hard-to-build dependencies that is often required. We're hoping that
> by
> maintaining it in Fedora we'll be able to make it more accessible,
> both
> for users and for potential contributors.

This might be a good time to start discussing the possibility of having
"organization" ACLs (e.g. if a bunch of employees at FB, or Datto, or
another company -- or, say, an Apache project want to collectively
maintain packages).

An alternative would be for organizations to programmatically adjust
the ACLs for their packages, but I could imagine this can be error-
prone (what's stopping me from running said script against an unrelated
package I happen to have admin access to) and also doesn't provide
visibility that an upstream organization is committing to supporting
that package in Fedora?

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim