Re: youtube-dl Copyright Violations

On 26/10/2020 12:09, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> On 26.10.2020 11:29, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> I've recently made some suggestions about using IPFS as part of the
>> packaging workflow[1]
>
> Censorship is evil. If the copyright holders complain about any
> packages, they should be moved to RPM Fusion repository.
>
> We don't need any registries at all. Don't make their life easier.

Notice that what I proposed provides opt-in censorship.  People can use
the list from RIAA if they need to but nobody is forced to use the list.
 That is not the same as silently censoring things.

IPFS ensures that both the content and the blacklist is distributed as
widely as possible so any developer can view and audit the banned
content to verify if it should really be on the blacklist.