Re: [ELN] gcc is going to be updated to gcc11 in the ELN buildroot ahead of Rawhide

* Miro Hrončok:

>> It is also not the only one, which we can handle through ELN. We were
>> considering the update of the baseline of the x86 cpu's to be such a
>> feature, but then it was discarded. The other example would be the
>> Default Module Streams setup.
>
> Should we expect an eln branch for redhat-rpm-config as well, or this
> is still under consideration?

See the earlier announcement about the z13 baseline change in ELN.  Once
we have GCC 11 in ELN, further baseline changes may be forthcoming.
These changes can all be implemented using %{?rhel} conditionals.  I do
not see a need for a redhat-rpm-config eln branch as the result of these
requirements.

I do not think the Fedora Change process applies to parts of %{?rhel}
conditionals that are inactive in Fedora.  In principle, it would make
my life easier if such changes had to pass public Fesco-like review, but
I feel it's too late for such a policy change for the Fedora 34 and 35
cycles.

Thanks,
Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill