Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

Arnoldas Skinderis writes:

I'am also have Thikpads and MSI running BIOS and some of those machines  still are the beast in some terms. Dropping BIOS would pretty much force me to use something else.
I don't want to lose Fedora.

Ditto. My Thinkpad W520 is the best damn Fedora laptop. Ever. I have two newer laptops, they run Fedora just fine, but the legendary Thinkpad keyboard is generations ahead of the crappy chiclets on the other one.

Laughably easy to maintain. In the ten or so years I had it, I only had to replace that keyboard once, that's it. Oh, and put a new touchpad sticker, to replace the worn-out membrane cover.

This beast, as long as it can still run Fedora, will likely outlive me, and I'll have to will it to someone…