Re: 389ds making a local dns server for local web app.

On 10/15/20 9:36 PM, rodentskie@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Still the same sir, installing it on Ubuntu 18.04 desktop (Oracle Virtual Box). Following these simple steps.

Then why are you emailing this list? It's very much the wrong one. This is the Fedora development list, nothing to do with Ubuntu or 389ds or FreeIPA. If you're wanting to install it on Fedora, then the Fedora users mailing list would be a good option, but not if you're using Ubuntu.

https://computingforgeeks.com/install-and-configure-freeipa-server-on-ubuntu/

One thing I noticed with that guide is that they tell you to disable the bind integration which completely defeats the purpose you had for doing this in the first place.

Btw, I tried installing it both my non-root and root account sir.

I have no idea what you mean by this.

https://www.freeipa.org/page/Main_Page is the FreeIPA site.