Re: This is bad, was Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: systemd-resolved

On 28/09/2020 12:47, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

You're mixing a few different things here. We decided to not enable
DNSSEC in resolved with this change, at least initially. For most
users, DNSSEC is problematic because various intermediary DNS servers
found in hotspots and routers don't support DNSSEC properly, leading
to hard-to-debug validation failures. DNSSEC support in resolved can
be enabled through resolved.conf. This may be a reasonable thing to do in
an environment where the configured dns servers are known to support dnssec
properly.

Well you're not just "not enabling it" really, for people like me that
have already made the switch to systemd-resolved (in large part in
search of better DNSSEC support) you're actually disabling it...

Having as I said experienced the trauma of trying to get DNSSEC working
reliably I do understand how hard a problem is it however. I just need
to remember to start adding a dropin to enable it again ;-)

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/