Re: Manual intervention required: broken /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/resolv.conf for F33 early adopters

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 7:03 PM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If it is, what is the proper way to revert back to upstream defaults
> in this case? Should I append "--force" to the command? (I don't want
> to destroy my system, that's why I'm not simply trying it. All of
> this seems awfully complex and fragile).

Yes, use --force. That tells authselect that it is OK to overwrite your
manual configuration. Otherwise, authselect is careful to not overwrite
files that have been edited manually.

Sigh, authselect is even more complicated than I thought. I can't simply do "sudo authselect apply-changes --force". I need to do "sudo authselect select $something --force" first, according to the man page. And I have no idea what $something is. Can you please provide an exact set of commands to run? Thanks.