Re: Enable EarlyOOM on Fedora KDE - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

> So with
> applications started, you might get higher.

I think we should protect only basic GUI. On computers with 16G+ RAM locking 1G memory with apps should not be a problem if it helps to improve responsiveness.

> Was that with or without swap?

It was without swap, but with swap it has the same effect (faster killer coming and system reclaiming) + responsiveness was improved during heavy swapping.

> I feel that uresourced is just nicer conceptually.
> So uresourced is
> going to be ineffective for KDE for the time being.

However, the advantage of prelockd is that may be used on old systems with any DE and any file system and an init. On Debian 9 Mate locking 150-200M takes very good effect. On Fedora with LXDE 200M is also good value.