Re: Proposed Modular Policy for Fedora ELN

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 5:08 AM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 20. 08. 20 20:17, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> >> Yet despite all this, we got a proposal to allow default modular streams in ELN.
> >> The messaging about this proposal suggests that later, default modular streams
> >> might be proposed for Fedora as well.
> >>
> > It was written that way*at your request*. You specifically asked for
> > a proposal for "Fedora" that we could initially apply only to "Fedora
> > ELN". It seems disingenuous to now use that as an argument against it.
>
> I would appreciate if you could stop saying what I have done or requested when
> in fact this was not the case. If it was, please provide quotes.
>
> Never have I requested a proposal for "Fedora" that we could initially apply
> only to "Fedora ELN".
>
> I requested that if you want default modular streams in ELN, that you propose it
> via regular channels and discuss this with the wider community. You have
> volunteered to do a Fedora change proposal. You did (except the proposal said
> nothing about default modular streams in ELN). The conversation was logged and
> is already posted elsewhere in this thread.
>
> I am genuinely insulted by your false claim. It is hard enough to argue about
> the technical side of things, but impossible when you paint me as the
> unreasonable troll that just changes the narrative every time you make a step
> forward. I understand that your position is complicated and I block you. But
> please use fair discussion over calumny.

So, I did some digging through the FESCo meeting notes, and I think I
found the source of the confusion. It originally stems from this
statement:

15:18:41 <mhroncok> I don't understand why the Fedora policy for
default modular streams should nto apply to eln, sorry

I think I misread that (and internalized it) as saying that you wanted
a common policy for "Fedora" and that we could then ask for it to be
approved just for ELN. So, I apologize for misrepresenting your
stance.