Re: EXTERNAL: Re: hundred percent cpu load

On 8/13/20 4:23 PM, Przemek Klosowski via devel wrote:
On 8/13/20 4:12 PM, Wells, Roger K. via devel wrote:
So sadc is not part of current Fedora. It may be some artifact from
older Fedoras (e.g. sysstat-11.5.7-4.fc27.x86_64 has
/usr/lib64/sa/sadc) or some custom system activity data collection
software that is locally installed at your site.
Thanks. I'll do something to disable it.  FWIW, this computer has never
run anything but Fedora since day1.

Did you install F32 from scratch, or was it an upgrade from earlier versions? If you had F27 on it, upgraded to 28->29->30->31->32, it would explain how sadc got on it.

Also, I have a Fedora box but my work installs third party management and monitoring software on it that is not part of official Fedora, so that would be another avenue for something called sadc to get on your Fedora box.

No, it has had several fedora releases and many updates.  I don't recall where it started.  F27 is possible though.
That's why I was going to do a fresh install (mentioned in the original)
I am the only one who puts anything on this machine though, so no third party management or monitoring.
I just thought that it might be worth understanding what's going on here in case someone else is affected now or later.
Thanks for your interest

Roger Wells, P.E.
leidos
221 Third St