Re: dummy libraries for proprietary dependencies (especially NVIDIA)

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 2:11 PM Dave Love <loveshack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there the possibility of building packages with dummy shims for
> proprietary dynamic libraries that could be substituted at runtime
> (i.e. a package BRs dummy-libthing-devel, and dynamic linker paths
> provide the nasty real libthing at runtime)?

Something like libglvnd, the "Vendor neutral GL dispatch library"?
If that's the case, it is perhaps instructive to research the history
of that library.

In respect to CUDA in particular, there has been work
(by Codeplay?) to allow applications written to oneAPI/SYCL
to run on top of nvidia CUDA.

Or maybe I am entirely misunderstanding your question.