Re: Test machines for s390x?

Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Neal Gompa wrote:
>> Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> s390x isn't a primary arch. It's an alternative arch.

That's true, which is why I had the "or".  I'd like it to be a
requirement for either/both.

>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures
>>
>> That page is out of date. All architectures are effectively primary
>> now, since failures for any arch block builds from releasing in Koji.
>
> We still draw a distinction between the two, it just doesn't have that
> dimension to it any more. The page even explains this in its definition
> at the top. The distinction is rather smaller now, but still there.
>
> In the release criteria we've mostly switched to using the term
> "release-blocking arches", and s390x isn't one of those either. :)

You're right, I'm being loose with language.  Neal's point is what I'm
trying to articulate: whatever the formal position is, we as packagers
have to care about making this architecture work, since our builds won't
go through if it doesn't.

Thanks,
--Robbie