Re: Lots of FTBFS bugs filed for S390x "BuildrootError: Requested repo (1785390) is DELETED" / "rpm.error: error reading package header" errors

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 6:59 PM Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 8/3/20 5:53 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 05:21:58PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> <grumpy mode>
> >> I just noticed that a lot my packages got a FTBFS because of
> >> failing to build on s390x. The first set of rebuilds failed with:
> >>
> >> "BuildrootError: Requested repo (1785390) is DELETED"
> >>
> >> The second set of rebuilds failed with:
> >>
> >> "rpm.error: error reading package header"
> >>
> >> errors.
> >>
> >> The last error was also seen quite a bit during the F32 mass rebuid ...
> >
> > I'm sorry this is happening, and it makes me very grumpy too.
> >
> > I have some thoughts on improvements we can make to help try and make
> > this better, but I was under the impression it was mostly working ok for
> > the second pass.
> >
> > We went from 4162 to 2833 failures, so it had to have been working at
> > least sometime there?
>
> It seems for me the s390x failures on the second build are limited
> to package names starting with A-Z and "aa*" - "an*" .
>
> Any chance we can get a third mass rebuild for package-names starting
> with A-Z and "a*" ?
>
> Or maybe all those where the only failing platform is on s390x ?
>
> (no idea how easy it is to script any of this)

I am already resubmitting all builds that failed in koji but that
currently pass locally in mock with "--enablerepo local".
So far this has reduced the number of FTBFS packages by almost 100,
and the script is still running.
This should take care of all packages that only failed due to infra issues.

Fabio