Re: Policy for Modules in Fedora and Fedora ELN - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

On 24. 07. 20 18:06, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 12:05 PM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 24. 07. 20 16:19, Vít Ondruch wrote:
In this context, I'd be more than happy if the documentation discouraged
use of the default streams. Something along these lines: "Modularity
have default stream feature, but use it with caution only if you know
what you do and what is the impact."

In any context, default modular streams are not allowed.

This Change proposal does not propose to change that and hence I still don't
understand why the policy contains guidelines for default modular streams at all :/

You asked him to make a Change and build general guidelines for
modules and module defaults for Fedora that could be applied to ELN.
He did that. Thus, here we are.

I've asked to discuss allowing default modular streams in ELN with wider community. Stephen offered to prepare a change proposal. The change proposal doesn't say anything about allowing default modular streams in ELN. Hence my confusion.

--
Miro Hrončok