Re: How do Fedora developers get access to devtoolset for testing.

Jonathan Wakely <jwakely@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 20/07/20 16:01 -0500, Steven Munroe wrote:
>>Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>>> Why are you asking fedpkg to build for f33 if you are trying to
>>> package something for el7 and el8?
>>
>>I am trying to get better turn around for myself as I have local
>>access to a POWER8 machine. And I was having difficulty debug the
>>weird failure I was seeing.
>
> Use mock to get a clean el7 build environment on the POWER8 machine.

I'm pretty sure I said to do that a while ago, like I did when testing
the trivial patch that I didn't expect to cause such trouble.

For what it's worth, the answer to the question, if it's CentOS, is to
install centos-release-scl-rh to provide the repo (which mock uses) and
the yum install devtoolset-gcc etc.  I don't have a RHEL instance
running to check the repo on that, but the incantation is documented.
If you can't do one of those, devtoolset is irrelevant.  In the patch it
was conditional on el7, and that passed %check on EPEL and Fedora, so I
don't understand this.