Re: Enable EarlyOOM on Fedora KDE - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

On 7/9/20 12:24 PM, Alexey A. wrote:
I agree. I think that 4GB cap is too small and 4 GB may be used quickly.

<Snip>

Since the values being used seem to have been determined somewhat heuristically for both EarlyOOM and SwapOnZRAM, I was wondering if there was any prediction for how the values might change if one, the other, or both get switched on for Server builds?

SwapOnZRAM in particular is of interest to me. I have one system with a workload that's bursty on memory use, and when it starts using the swap the system becomes unresponsive, even using active SSH sessions is not guaranteed until the contention clears. The last time it happened I found myself wondering if SwapOnZRAM would make things more pleasant. It certainly does on my workstation machines, especially memory limited ones.