Re: PostgreSQL 13 - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 15:16:22 -0400,
 Ben Cotton <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/PostgreSQL_13

== Summary ==
Update of PostgreSQL (`postgresql` and `libpq` components) in Fedora
from version 12 to version 13 in the non-modular (main) builds.

While I like to have the latest postgresql available for my use, it seems pretty aggressive to try to get postgresql 13 into F33. Using the beta versions is a pain because the catalog will often change right up to release and you need to dump and reload or run a conversion on your data with each update. So this won't be practical to put in rawhide until it is released. While the release might be done soon, postgresql releases often end up happening in October.