Re: Self Introduction: Nikolay Nikolov

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 8:48 PM <nickysn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

My name is Nikolay Nikolov. I'm a software developer and free/open
source enthusiast. I've been using Linux since Red Hat Linux 5.0. After
Red Hat Linux 9, I upgraded to Fedora Core 1 and I've used every Fedora
version since then. :) I'm a core developer of the Free Pascal Compiler
( https://www.freepascal.org/ ). My Free Pascal contributions include
code generator support for some legacy platforms, such as 16-bit x86
and Z80, as well as modern stuff, such as GDB/MI debugger support
integration in the Free Pascal IDE, x86 optimizations (for all x86
flavours - 16-bit, 32-bit and 64-bit).

I also develop and maintain several open source projects, written in
Pascal.

Things I'm interested in contributing to Fedora:

- co-maintaining the Free Pascal package (fpc) and adding crosscompiler
support for additional targets (e.g. crosscompiling to i386-linux from
x86_64, crosscompiling to win32 and win64, etc.).
- packaging the DOSBox-X fork of DOSBox:
https://github.com/joncampbell123/dosbox-x
- packaging some of my Pascal projects, when they get a release
- eventually, packaging other programs, written in Free Pascal

Your timing is impeccable!  I'm looking for a co/new maintainer for the Hedgwars package. I have a couple of offers, but as it's written mostly in Pascal, I think you would be a good fit! :)

I can sponsor you if you like unless you really would rather submit some of your pascal packages first, I wouldn't be the best one for that.

Thanks,
Richard