Self Introduction: Nikolay Nikolov

Hello,

My name is Nikolay Nikolov. I'm a software developer and free/open
source enthusiast. I've been using Linux since Red Hat Linux 5.0. After
Red Hat Linux 9, I upgraded to Fedora Core 1 and I've used every Fedora
version since then. :) I'm a core developer of the Free Pascal Compiler
( https://www.freepascal.org/ ). My Free Pascal contributions include
code generator support for some legacy platforms, such as 16-bit x86
and Z80, as well as modern stuff, such as GDB/MI debugger support
integration in the Free Pascal IDE, x86 optimizations (for all x86
flavours - 16-bit, 32-bit and 64-bit).

I also develop and maintain several open source projects, written in
Pascal.

Things I'm interested in contributing to Fedora:

- co-maintaining the Free Pascal package (fpc) and adding crosscompiler
support for additional targets (e.g. crosscompiling to i386-linux from
x86_64, crosscompiling to win32 and win64, etc.).
- packaging the DOSBox-X fork of DOSBox:
https://github.com/joncampbell123/dosbox-x
- packaging some of my Pascal projects, when they get a release
- eventually, packaging other programs, written in Free Pascal

I know the basics about building RPMs, and I even build some of the
RPMs for the official Free Pascal release myself, but I still haven't
made any official Fedora RPMs (i.e. that strictly conforms to the
Fedora packaging guidelines, or that uses Fedora's build
infrastructure).

I use a lot of systems in order to test Free Pascal's many platforms,
including Windows, Mac OS X, various BSD flavours, but Fedora is my
primary operating system and the only Linux distribution I use, except
for Debian 8 on PowerPC, which I use in the rare circumstances where I
need to test the PowerPC code generator or to check if some of my code
runs correctly on big endian machines. :)

For testing the 16-bit x86 port of Free Pascal, I use the dosbox
emulator. I want to package the dosbox-x fork, because it offers better
CPU compatibility and long file name support, compared to the regular
dosbox. Especially on x86_64 dosbox has a nasty bug, which causes bugs
in specifically Free Pascal and Free Pascal-compiled programs, due to
inaccurate FPU emulation. The i386 version of dosbox doesn't have this
bug (as it uses the actual x86 FPU), but dosbox-x has this fixed also
on x86_64 (also by using the actual x86 FPU), so it's a better option
than compiling and running a 32-bit dosbox. Dosbox-x offers better
emulation accuracy, which allows more programs to run, it can correctly
emulate the 4:3 aspect ratio, which makes dos games look the way their
designed to look like, etc.

Best regards,
Nikolay