Re: Enable EarlyOOM on Fedora KDE - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

>it  should be disabled so it doesn't kill our software

What should people who suffer from the fact that the kernel's OOM killer does not work, and they are forced to hard reboot (and lose unsaved data) the computer when it freezes? This is a serious and very common problem that exists for a long time and has not been fixed out of the box.

What do you suggest? Should we do nothing?

Of course, we can do nothing and wait for the inclusion of the system-oomd in the systemd [7]. Just wait.

Also look at these discussions:
- Why are low memory conditions handled so badly? [1]
- Memory management "more effective" on Windows than Linux? (in preventing total system lockup) [2]
- Let's talk about the elephant in the room - the Linux kernel's inability to gracefully handle low memory pressure [3] [4] [5]
- How do I prevent Linux from freezing when out of memory? Today I (accidentally) ran some program on my Linux box that quickly used a lot of memory. My system froze, became unresponsive and thus I was unable to kill the offender. How can I prevent this in the future? Can't it at least keep a responsive core or something running? [6]

1. https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/56r4xj/why_are_low_memory_conditions_handled_so_badly/
2. https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/aqd9mh/memory_management_more_effective_on_windows_than/
3. https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/8/4/15
4. https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/cmg48b/lets_talk_about_the_elephant_in_the_room_the/