Re: Is allowed in certain cases to override default Fedora compiler flags?

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 05:47:51PM -0300, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> > So the question is: in this case I can override the Fedora compiler flags?
>
> Other people replied with suggestions how to make the code better, but
> let me also answer this question directly:
>
> yes you can, the guidelines say:
>
> >  Adding to and overriding or filtering parts of these flags is
> >  permitted if there’s a good reason to do so; the rationale for
> >  doing so must be documented in the specfile.

Note the words "good reason". As I understand it, Sergio's question is
whether this case is a good reason. In my opinion, incorrect use of
snprintf and write are bad reasons for overriding the compiler flags.
It's better to fix the actual problem than to silence the alarm.

Björn Persson