Re: wireguard kmod package

> > I noticed that kmod-wireguard is being updated on F31, even after
> > WireGuard became a part of Linux kernel since 5.6.0. Shouldn't
> > kernel>5.6.0 obsolete kmod-wireguard? Is it kept and updated because
> > it was originally installed via @commandline?
> >
> > We had a discussion about not removing any obsolete packages recently,
> > but I can't think of any reason to keep kmod-wireguard---why is it
> > even being updated for new kernel, given that wireguard.ko is in
> > kernel-core now?
>
> It was akmod-wireguard (thanks Laura, Alexander, Joe, Leigh and Ian).
>
> This leaves the question: Shouldn't kernel>5.6.0 obsolete kmod-wireguard
> and akmod-wireguard? and maybe replace wireguard with wireguard-tools?

As rpmfusion isn't an official Fedora repository the kernel wouldn't
obsolete it, how would that work for the 100s of quasi fedora repos
that spring up all over the place?

Maybe rpmfusion should have something akin to fedora-obsolete-package
for components such as kernel-modules that are cleanly replaced by
something like kernel bits that are there by default.

Maybe the wireguard-tools package might want to obsolete it.