Re: Please BuildRequire python3-setuptools explicitly

On 6/23/20 9:26 AM, Tomas Hrnciar wrote:
Hello everyone,

there are plenty of Python packages in Fedora currently using setuptools at buildtime but not all of them are BuildRequiring it explicitly. This only works because python3-devel (transitively) depends on python3-setuptools.

We would like to kindly ask you to add explicit BuildRequires for python3-setuptools to packages where setuptools is used. It will help us with testing new versions of setuptools in the future or with decoupling Python and setuptools. Today, if we want to know if a package is using setuptools,we have to do `fedpkgprep` and use grep to search for setuptools. Using a repoquery is much more convenient.

salimma    python-django python-psutil
Done (for Rawhide). For python-psutil I'm following the other pattern in the spec and using python%{python3_pkgversion}-setuptools, but this should resolve to python3-setuptools when you use repoquery.

Cheers,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
profile: https://keybase.io/michel_slm