Re: 500 packages FTBFS in rawhide with java-11-openjdk as system JDK

On 6/10/20 8:14 AM, Ondrej Dubaj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after discussion with upstream mysql-connector-java is not able to be build with jdk-11, as the code
> contains deprecated API.

that is sad. What is longterm goal of mysql-connector-java?  You have to move it to live with
java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel in built time, and java in runtime. There are already several packages
which do so, and that hsould work for a while  I had added :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Java11#Intermediate_step_build_with_java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel_and_run_with_java_.28that_means_any_sytem_java.2C_eg_java-11-openjdk.29

Thanx for investigations!
  J.