Re: new packages review tickets

Dne 24. 05. 20 v 10:02 Mattia Verga via devel napsal(a):
> - following the Policy for stalled package reviews [1], I would like to
> mass comment on tickets submitted before 1/1/2017 (more than 3 years
> old) asking the submitter if they're still interested in continue with
> the review process and mark the ticket as NEEDINFO. After one month
> without reply I will close the ticket, as per policy.

-1
I had phase of life when I worked on these archaeologic tickets. I even managed to process eight years old ticket!
Yes, for most tickets it was: Ping! Wait one month. Than one more gentle Ping! And if submitter does not respond, then I
closed the ticket.
But I never done that en-masse. For every such ping, I was prepared to work on that ticket.

It may sounds appealing to clean the plate and "resolve" a lot of tickets. However, think about it from the other side:
somebody is waiting for review for years, then a ping will come, and if he responds, then ... nothing. Just "yeah, we
are not going to close this". That is not very welcome. :(

> Then there are 352 tickets listed as "review in progress", but that's
> also not true. Here we have tickets with review-flag set to ? (review in
> progress) or + (package approved) since 2013. There are even some
> tickets for which the git repo as been generated.
> These tickets probably need a manual check to choose the best course of
> action. Some of those packages have been approved and imported in
> Fedora, some of these have been later retired also from repositories...
> but the review ticket has never been closed.
> I would propose to:
>
> - if the package got approved and it's still in repos, just close the
> review ticket as CURRENTRELEASE
> - if the package got approved and was later removed from repos, just
> close the review ticket as NOTABUG
> - if the package got approved before 1/1/2019, but never imported in
> repos, clear the review-flag and assignee and mark as NEEDINFO from the
> submitter asking if they're still interested in this (we probably need
> to decide what to do if the git repo has been already set up)
> - if the package got approved before 1/1/2020, but never imported in
> repos, do not clear the approval and mark as NEEDINFO from the submitter
> asking if they're still interested in this
> - for tickets with last change marked before 1/1/2019, if the
> review-flag is set to be IN-PROGRESS, mark the ticket as NEEDINFO from
> either the submitter or the reviewer

+1

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys