Re: Schedule for Mondays's FESCo Meeting (2020-05-25) — proposal to cancel

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 08:17:42AM +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> there is nothing to announce, and nothing on the meeting agenda. Some
> tickets are in progress, but I think we should continue the discussion
> in tickets.
>
> I propose to cancel today's meeting. If there's something urgent, we can
> still hold it.
>
> @nirik: maybe you could provide your weekly datacenter-move update by mail?

Sure.

We have most everything deployed in the new datacenter now.
I'm going to be sending out a validation/check document to the
infrastructure list soon asking folks to check/test/validate their
applications in the new datacenter. The rest of this week and next
will be testing and making sure things work and fixing them.

Then, the move is upon us! The week of june 8th we will start migrating
services from phx2 (old datacenter) to iad2 (new datacenter).
THERE WILL BE OUTAGES as we move things. I hope to publish a detailed
timeline of what moves when later this week. I really hope everyone can
be patient with us as we switch over to the lower capacity (at first)
datacenter and ramp up afterward.

kevin