Does the installer detects when a distro have already created BLS?

Well... it take time to me to get used to the Boot Loader Specification.

I am being lazy here... asking people on the mailing list rather than trying to determine it myself.

After making an installation of Fedora, I begin to think:

Hey, I don't remember having seen the installer like detecting the use of a previously installed /boot and/or /boot/efi partition, and tells me that it will automatically use it by default.

But since with Boot Loader Specification, these are supposed to be shared among distribution (maybe more likely a recent Fedora version with an older Fedora version), it make sense that it should happens. Maybe I did not seen it because I tend to erase the disk and begin from scratch.

Still, rereading the specs, at: https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec/

I see these at the beginning:

"These directories are defined below the placeholder file system $BOOT. This placeholder file system shall be determined during installation time, and an fstab entry for it shall be created mounting it to /boot. The installer program should pick $BOOT according to the following rules:

"

So the question is basically, does the installer make the check for preexisting $BOOT ?