Re: fedpkg fork broken?

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 02:19:07AM +0200, Aleksandra Fedorova wrote:

> I've got the same problem. I think it uses wrong remote path:
>
> any@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Maybe it was working before, but then certain update happened.

So, just to clarify a confusing situation... :)

any@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx should never have worked.

If you have pkgs.fedoraproject.org it means you are using SSH, and are a
packager. This is just due to the way pkgs was created. Packagers have
accounts there and can ssh, if you aren't a packager you don't have an
account and can't ssh.

If you see src.fedoraproject.org that means you are using https.
Anyone with an account can use this (but it needs you to use fedpkg at
least initially to get a token to push your changes).

> If you check clone options in UI in Pagure interface, the url will look
> like:
>
> ssh://bookwar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/forks/bookwar/rpms/minetest.git
>
> There is no variant with "any".
>
> The API token is valid and works, as the fork is created. It is only the
> remote path which is broken.
>
> So I ended up calling git remote explicitly after the fork command to
> change the remote uri.
>
> And I think forking your own repo for pull-requests makes perfect sense,
> especially since distgit doesn't allow you to remove temporary branches
> from the main repo.

+1

kevin