Re: Aggressive updating (Python 3.9): Are we trying to hard?

On 19. 05. 20 15:19, Richard Shaw wrote:
    Ask upstream to always test with develop version of Python, I believe
    that services like Travis CI have 3.9-dev prepared so that they can
    test early and adopt.

    Meanwhile, if they can just link all relevant fixes - just backport
    them in Rawhide.

Those more familiar with the changes implemented could do a better job at helping me inform upstream (and maybe help provide solutions?) But I think that comes with being more organized in how to do major component updates.

We are doing our best to analyze the failures and provide as much information as we can, so informing upstream should be easy. When the build fails with an actual error, we are able to do this. In case of bz1837011, this seems like an hesienbug and we are not there yet.

I also sincerely believe, that this is organized very well. Where do you think this could be organized better? I honestly believe that we go way beyond what other stacks do when they are updated to their new major versions (sometimes simply updating the compiler/interpreter and than going away).

--
Miro Hrončok