Re: i3 new SIG

El mié., 13 de may. de 2020 a la(s) 10:51, Eduard Lucena
(x3mboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) escribió:

> Hello guys,

Hi.

> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/i3

Regarding to the minimum packages list pending on the Wiki, what I
have always done to install i3wm without having to rely on other
install mediums like Fedora Workstation Live DVD or any other Spin, is
to use the Fedora-Everything-netinst-x86_64 from https://alt.fedoraproject.org/

This install media provides the option of a very minimal Fedora
Install, you only have to mark the checkbox for Minimal or Custom
Install, just that. No more than that. Then after the first boot up
you will have to rely on a Wired Network interface connection or a
Mobile USB Tethered Network to install the rest of the packages set
which are the followings.

dnf -y group install networkmanager-submodules
dnf -y group install core
dnf -y install dial-up
dnf -y group install fonts
dnf -y group install guest-desktop-agents
dnf -y group install hardware-support
dnf -y group install multimedia
dnf -y group install standard
dnf -y group install base-x
dnf -y group install input-methods
dnf -y install fedora-icon-theme
dnf -y install gnome-icon-theme
dnf -y install gnome-icon-theme-extras
dnf -y install i3
dnf -y install lightdm-gtk
dnf -y install xdg-user-dirs

Then I just:

systemctl set-default graphical.target

And:

systemctl enable lightdm.service

Finally:

reboot.

I guess after all this, you can generate the list of packages with:
dnf list installed > fedora_i3wm.txt

There are other issues to solve that we can discuss on the SIG Mailing
list so we can achieve a MVP that suits the Spin philosophy.

Porfirio.