Re: Transitioning scripts relying on libcgroup-tools to the cgroup’s unified hierarchy (v2)

On 12/05/2020 14:13, Petr Pisar wrote:
On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 12:47:51PM +0000, virgo wrote:
I recommend you to ask the question about v2 support on Fedora Bugzilla for=

  the

libcgroup package
<https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?classification=3DFedora&component=
=3Dlibcgroup&product=3DFedora&query_format=3Dadvanced>.
Prior to the top post, I went through the Bugzilla tickets, with these
parameters:

* component=libcgroup
* order=changeddate DESC
* product=Fedora
* query_format=advanced

and the hits dating back to 2015[fn:1] were just a dozen, none making mention
of v2. So, I am not sure whether opening feature requests would help.

Fedora uses systemd that enforces cgroup v2. If libcgroup package is not
compatible with cgroup v2, then libcgroup package is not compatible with
Fedora and this is a bug and should be reported to the Fedora's Bugzilla.

That's not really true. Fedora now defaults to v2 but you can still
choose to boot to v1 instead and systemd still supports both.

By the way, what would you and (and others) recommend as a replacement for
libcgroup-tools?[fn:2]

No idea. I don't use cgroups for anything on purpose. As far as I know,
cgroups membership in Fedora is defined by systemd's logind. Whether it suits
your needs, I have no idea. I also think it's possible to manage the
membership manually by editing files in cgroup2 pseudo file system.

Yes as I understand it you're not supposed to fiddle with cgroups
manually, you're supposed to use systemd-run or something and let
systemd do the necessary.

It would probably help if the original user described what his goal
was rather than the low level details of how he achieved that with
cgroups v1.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)