Re: Orphaned packages looking for new maintainers

On 11. 05. 20 20:22, José Abílio Matos wrote:
On Monday, 11 May 2020 18.42.09 WEST Miro Hrončok wrote:
The following packages are orphaned and will be retired when they
are orphaned for six weeks, unless someone adopts them. If you know for sure
that the package should be retired, please do so now with a proper reason:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life

Hi Miro,
  I would like to suggest a small improvement to the script, instead of having
the packages ordered alphabetically I would suggest another level, the time
the packages were orphaned.

I read these reports weekly and it is not easy to find what are the newly
orphaned packages. My proposal is to have all the newest orphaned packages to
appear first, in alphabetical order, than those that were orphaned last week,
also in alphabetical order, and so on.

The advantage of this approach is that it becomes easier to grasp what is new
and at the same time what packages are in the imminence of being removed from
the distribution (that is an added advantage of this approach).

Any code contribution to make the output work better is appreciated, but unfortunately, I am not available to work on this, sorry :(

--
Miro Hrončok