Proposal: Revise FESCo voting policy

During today's FESCo meeting, we encountered an unusual voting
situation for the first time: Four FESCo members voted in favor (+1)
of a measure and five FESCo members opted to abstain (0) for various
reasons. However, the FESCo voting policy currently reads: "A majority
of the committee (that is, five out of nine) is required to pass a
proposal in a meeting." As a result, we were actually at an impasse
until two of the FESCo members opted to change their votes to +1 to
resolve the confusion.

It was subsequently suggested that we revise the policy to avoid this
pitfall in the future. I volunteered to put together a proposal for
how this could work and send it to the Fedora Development list for
discussion. I propose the following changes to the FESCo voting
policy:

* To pass any measure, a majority — defined as the greater of half the
eligible votes (rounded up) — must vote in favor of the measure. The
standard set of eligible votes is one vote per FESCo member. No
measure may pass without at least one vote in favor.

* Abstaining from a vote (aka "voting 0") is considered to have
removed that FESCo member's vote from the set of eligible votes. This
must be done explicitly and is never to be assumed from lack of
communication.

A practical effect of the new abstention rule is that if two FESCo
members abstain, the measure would then require only a +4 vote to
pass. (A single abstention would still require a +5 vote).

I'd also like to propose an additional policy modification that
occurred to me while writing this message:

* A FESCo member may grant their proxy vote to another member of the
Fedora community if they cannot be in attendance for a vote. If they
do so, that vote is counted equivalently to any other. Proxy votes
MUST be limited to predetermined topics and time period. (e.g. I can
say "bookwar has my proxy vote on any topic directly related to ELN"
while I am on vacation from MMDD until MMDD, but I cannot give my
FESCo seat to a person of my choosing.)