Re: Proposal: Add "Feedback" section to change proposal template

On Tue, May 05, 2020 at 03:28:25PM -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
> churchyard suggested we add a "Feedback" section to the Change
> proposal template[1]. I see two benefits to this:
>
> 1. It provides FESCo a useful summary of the community feedback (and
> in particular the reasoning behind rejecting alternatives) to simplify
> the voting process
> 2. It improves the historical record so that future Fedorans can
> understand why a change was implemented in a particular way and not
> another
>
> I have drafted proposed edits[2] to the Changes documentation that
> would add an optional Feedback section to the template. I am opening
> this up for community discussion before submitting it to FESCo for
> approval.
>
> The reason we chose to go with making this optional is that making it
> mandatory would necessarily add additional wait time before proposals
> are sent to FESCo. And also it's better to ease people into the idea.
> :-)
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/EmptyTemplate
> [2] https://pagure.io/fedora-pgm/pgm_docs/pull-request/2

Seems fine to me as long as it's optional. Also might be we should note
it was assembled by the change owner(s) or Other (if not change owners).

Just reading back someone might assume a disinterested AI assembled the
section, when it was made by fallable humans who might have missed
something, put a better 'spin' on it or whatever. As long as it's
disclosed I think thats fine.

kevin