Re: Is dist-git a good place for work?

Dne 06. 05. 20 v 11:19 Tomas Tomecek napsal(a):
>>> (speechless for like a minute)
>> I don't really understand this comment. Speechless because our workflow is tedious?
> I just couldn't understand why you are asking me about source-git when
> you already track your downstream patches as git commits :D
>
>>> Don't you wanna create (S)RPMs out of that repository? Don't you wanna
>>> be sure that when you add a change to that repository it builds fine
>>> on rawhide and the latest stable fedora?
>> That would be cool. I don't understand why do I have to keep the spec file in
>> there for that.
> You don't.
>
> With these ~20 lines you can get RPM builds for every PR in chroots of
> your choice:
>
> https://github.com/TomasTomecek/cpython/pull/1

This is a bit of irony:

~~~

  post-upstream-clone:
  - curl -O
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python3/raw/master/f/python3.spec
  - curl -O
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python3/raw/master/f/idle3.appdata.xml
  - curl -O
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python3/raw/master/f/idle3.desktop
  - curl -O
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python3/raw/master/f/check-pyc-timestamps.py
  # packit will apply the patches itself
  - sed '/^Patch/d' -i python3.spec
  # patckit uses %autosetup - and yes, the line below doesn't make sense
given
  # how python3's spec look, this is just a demonstration of packit's
functionality
  - sed '/^%patch/d' -i python3.spec

~~~

So why does not Packit do this by itself? Just the `curl -O
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python3/raw/master/f/python3.spec`
should be kept in some form ....

Vít