Re: Fedora pagure confusion wrt EPEL

On Tue, 5 May 2020 at 10:33, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The scripts syncing information from dist-git to bugzilla have been broken for a
> long time (less than 5 years though) and we've picked them up, fixed and clean
> them so they work again.
> This has been announced here and on devel-announce over the past few months
> (including an email from yesterday about the move of the bugzilla overrides to
> dist-git itself).
>
> So after looking at the bug above (the only package I could find in this
> thread), I went to: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/claws-mail clicked "Edit"
> on the left hand side column and changed the bugzilla assignee in EPEL to
> `orphan`. At the next run of the script, the EPEL tickets will be re-assigned to
> orphan.
>
> Now I ran into this thread a little bit by chance while checking my emails. If
> you have such issue in the future you may want to actually report it, ie: open a
> ticket on https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues so we can either fix
> the bug if there is one or tell explain how the situation can be adjusted.

None of that explains why and when I've been assigned to EPEL packages.
This is a thread from January.

It's the same with all other packages. The web page you refer to now explicitly
claims that somebody is a "Bugzilla Assignee" for EPEL even if a package
isn't available in the EPEL dist and despite a person not being active
within the
EPEL project at all.

While it is good to know that assigning to "orphan" may do something (I had
only tried extras-orphan which is the alias that is used in bugzilla, but it was
rejected), the information shown on the web page would be misleading and
would show that also for packages that don't exist in EPEL. Also, the
claws-mail EPEL package branches have been retired in January due to this
thread, and nevertheless somewhere I was made the bugzilla assignee again
since then. No idea where and when. Hence this thread from January!