Re: Backports of fixes from F32 -> F31?

On 4/29/20 8:04 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
Sure, that's valid.  Although for installations contained to just
Fedora content, the upgrade from release to release has been downright
boring (that's a good thing).  It's almost equivalent to a reboot.

Perhaps there are other reasons, like some third party software not
working on F32, for example.  I'm generally curious about how people
actually use our distributions and what prevents them from just
drinking from the firehose.

Besides rpm-ostree still being bugged as of Fedora 32? Outside of Fedora workstation no one seems to care what state other spins/versions of Fedora are released in. You can't tell me third-part repos not incrementing with the Fedora version isn't release blocking...

Or the fact that Fedora breaks third-party software by doing things few, if any, Linux distro do like running X. Org as non-root?

josh