Re: f32-backgrounds look like crap

On Friday, 17 April 2020 19.05.40 WEST Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:

> I really do not see how you could construct this reply from Michael's.

> He clearly starts with IMO and the rest of is the _expression_ of his opinion,

> he never calls anyone anything.

> I'm confused here.

> Pierre

I left this with no answer on purpose. I did not wanted to add further noise to this thread. I did not like the wallpaper initially but I do not subscribe to the title of the thread.

FWIW I think that Michael's answer was thoughtful and interesting to read.

By decomposing the reasons into the different layers I have associated the subject to deconstructionism.

At the same time there was a clear divide in the different opinions (likes or dislikes) regarding the different backgrounds: some more abstract like the F32 while others take an approach based on realism/naturalism or even other that follow modernism.

At the same time I also liked to hear some of reasoning behind the reasons for the wallpaper. IMHO it is shame that at least a short abstract it is not available here.

On the other hand one of reasons the reactions were in two very different fields, there was one more involved that defended the decision to go with this wallpaper based on a series of rational arguments. In the other field there was a more instinctive reaction of dislike.

That was the reason of my failed attempt to light the situation by referring to:

"""

Abstract art can also make people uneasy because they don't automatically know what the art is "about" just by a cursory glance. Or they assume that because it doesn't look like anything, then it is not "about" anything.

"""

https://www.art-is-fun.com/understanding-abstract-art

I seems that I failed to convey that in the previous message. It was my fault. :-)

--

José Abílio