Re: Non-responsive maintainer: mruprich (Michal Ruprich)

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 4:08:24 PM CEST Robbie Harwood wrote:
> That's not how this works.

Yes and I am trying to suggest you how to make it work.

> Even if your assertion were true (which it isn't), we have a closure
> status for that.  Michal (the maintainer, who isn't you) even used it -
> CLOSED NOTABUG.  Maintainers can and should ask for more information in
> that case - think questions like "what would you like to see change in
> $package".  But it's pretty clear what the change is (drop telnet-server
> from spec file), to the point where I can (and did) offer a patch.

I do not think that a patch would help in this case.  The underlying problem
is that there should be an agreement on whether to remove the package or not.
Bugzilla is not the appropriate place to discuss it because many users of the
package do not get any notifications about such discussions.

> I want to assume good faith here, but it's hard to not see this as
> either non-responsiveness or laziness.

You mean laziness on your part to find the appropriate discussion channel
and summarize technical facts supporting your idea to remove the package?

> It really looks like my requests
> were ignored until maintainer status was called into question.

Because you did not use an appropriate channel to discuss your concerns.
Bugzilla is a tool to report bugs, most frequently when something does
not work as documented and things like that.  This was apparently not
the case.

Kamil