Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2020-04-13)

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 05:48:56PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> So Fedora is now officially an alpha version of RHEL. :-(

Fedora is a community that makes an free and open source operating system
platform. We enable our community members and other software developers to
build solutions for their users.

Fedora isn't an alpha version of anything, but there absolutely *is* room
within Fedora for building the software which will feed into the next
version of RHEL. (Definitely not a RHEL alpha version, because that's a
specific, different thing.)

This expands and builds on what we're doing as a project. Your statement
seems to belittle it, and I think that's exactly backwards.

And, let me extend this: anyone else who wants to come to Fedora and work
with us to build *their* open source operating system is welcome to, and we
as a project will figure out how to make space for that.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>